If you asked me what I carry around in my gym bag...we may be here forever. ;) But seriously, I carry a lot of things (travel sized) considering how many classes I teach a day, if I am running errands or going to dinner after class... even packing snacks is so necessary. #HangryIsReal
I picked my Top 5 Gym Bag Must Haves-- clearly, this does not include YOUR personal must-haves such as your entire make up bag (God speed), wallet, supplements or medications etc. These 5 items I literally cannot live without; they make my post-workout routine so easy, they are also versatile and perfect for the on-the-go beauty you are!
- Dry Shampoo/Texturizing Spray
- All five items are light weight, using travel sized versions or travel size bottles to easily carry more things with you. My favorite dry shampoo which is also a texturizing spray is Oribe's travel sized Dry Texturizing Spray. Definitely a little pricy but worth it. It transforms oily/sweaty roots as well as adds volume. It will give you that clean, just blown out look. If you're on a budget, your local drugstore will probably carry Pssst! A dry shampoo brand that is also great.
- Coconut Oil/Face/Body Moisturizer
- My skin can get very dry, so I try to keep it hydrated at all times especially after a shower. I specifically like to keep my face moisturized after cleansing it by using Clinique's Daily Moisturizer. If you choose to keep it even more simple-- try coconut oil; you can use that EVERYWHERE its ridic including removing make up.
- Chapstick/Lip Balm
- I am a totally freak but almost every bag/purse/jacket of mine has some kind of lip product e.g. my leather jacket has a Nars lipstick and my Patagonia fleece has a coconut sf 5 lip balm... Have fun; your lip balm SHOULD totally have a pop of color to it. I love the SUGAR lip products by Fresh. They are just so perfect. You can even use it as a cream blush if you are heading out with a few girlfriends after you spin class!
- Cleansing Wipes
- Almost immediately after a work out I wipe my face with Dickenson's Cleansing wipes. These wipes contain witch hazel which is an all natural astringent that’s capable of naturally reducing acne, blisters, insect bites, poison ivy, inflammation and much more. They removed excess dirt, cleanse and tone my face. I am comfortable leaving it or taking it another step and washing my face with a facial scrub and my Clairsonic!
- Mascara/ Eyeliner
- This one is up in the air but important to me. If you're not into carrying your ENTIRE make up bag with you, a small mascara or eyeliner will do. I prefer BLINC mascara. Don't be ashamed if you wear a little make up on or leave a little on from work that day... Go ahead a check yourself out while you lift, run or stretch... a little mascara always gives me a beauty boost and I feel beautiful inside and out. I also am a performer on the SoulCycle bike, after triple classes, I tend to look a little sleepier which is un-motivating for me and my riders. Same goes with your gym clothes-- wear something that makes you feel great and comfortable, you will WANT to run that extra mile.
What are your gym-bag MUST HAVES? I wanna know! Comment below :)