Here is what my typical day of meals would look like. I am going to stick to my routine but eliminate the additional sugars and sweeteners that I probably don't even realize I eat on a daily!
- Coffee or Tea (no sugar) + two tbsp of almond milk (dairy free milk)
- 1 slice ezekiel toast topped with 1/2 avocado, 2 eggs (egg whites), red pepper flakes & sea salt and 1 Pear
- overnight oats topped with fresh fruit + nuts
- Smoothie! (8oz almond milk base, handful of blueberries, handful of spinach 1/2 frozen banana, 1 scoop protein powder like this one! and almond butter)
- Garden Burger, cheese, avocado on a bed of roasted veggies + kale salad
- Lentil soup + 1/2 a sandwich with dijon mustard on ezekiel bread.
- Chia seed pudding (chia seeds, coconut milk, coconut flakes and cacao powder or nibs)
- Salmon (glazed with fresh pineapple juice/puree, lemon + balsamic vinegar) on a bed of roasted veggies + kale salad
TIP: a food journal is So helpful in holding yourself accountable + it helps you see break down on paper what your body intakes, what it needs more or less of and when. Do it just for this week and see how it goes.