A great way to skip a bowl of ice cream, change up the oatmeal or yogurt routine or get funky with you boring smoothie… check this out. I just recently posted on my Instagram and the SoulCycle blog, a recipe of mine that was kind-of an accident. I love these bowls because you get the carbohydrates, fiber, protein and goodness…. in less than 10 minutes.
Today, I am sharing with you my [first] take on a homemade “Smoothie Bowl!”
- 8oz almond milk (base, add more to blend smoothie)
- 2 cups frozen fruit (this was dark cherries, pineapple, mango, strawberries and papaya - sliced into pieces and frozen)
- 2 sliced frozen bananas
- 1 scoop protein powder (optional, great for post soul) •1 tbsp chia seeds
- As many Toppings as you like: coconut,cacao nibs, chocolate chips, granola, fruit, nuts, chia seeds, hemp seeds...
— Other ideas… acai berries or packs (frozen aisle), avocado (creamy n dreamy), add spinach/ kale, and flaxseed meal)
- Start by blending almond milk, and larger pieces of frozen fruit.
- Once smooth, add the rest of the fruit. This is when you might need to add more almond milk to keep the smoothie moving.
- Add your choice of protein. I use Sunwarrior protein but you can use what you like or non-fat greek yogurt. Keep in mind yogurt added to the bitterness.
- Try it! Is it sweet enough? Do you want to add more leafy greens?
- Bowl into 2 separate bowls.
- Add toppings.
- Take a hot-ass picture and Instagram it tagging me in it!
Great meals for recovery post workout! This takes your smoothie to the next level and creativity flowing, and even better… it’s like having an ice-cream sundae. This is my go to meal between two classes before noon.
- What is your take on the Smoothie Bowl?
- What are you favorite combinations?
- Have a tip? Let us know! Comment below. :)
- Also, check out what other SoulCycle Instructors’ healthy eats! Click HERE