Not only is this recipe FOUR ingredients, its so quick to make and BUTTER-LESS. Okay, so lets be real- the crust of a quiche or chicken pot pie.. or any pie, is probably the best part. Or maybe thats just me? Anyways... this is quick, simple, and easy alternative if you are looking to bake something last minute, like I did. I also made this with Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Flour.
- 1 3/4 Cups Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Gluten Free Flour/ all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Cups Vegetable oil/ grapeseed oil
- 2 tbsp water
- 8" Square Baking Dish or 9" Diameter Pie Dish
- Combine flour and salt in a deep bowl.
- Add oil and water
- Mix until just combined and form into a ball. If needed, the dough is not sticking together, add just a few more drops of water. Vice versa, adding more flour, if your dough sticks to your fingers.
- In a grease baking dish or pie pan, flatten and press the dough on the bottom and up the sides of your dish.
- Once firmly pressed, use a fork to poke holes at the base of your crust.
- Bake in oven at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes
Check back soon for awesome recipes to FILL your savory pie crust with. Quiche anyone? One of the most perfect meals for after your workout! Send me a message with your comments if you try this recipe or anything you'd like below.