Match Muffins (Protein Packed)
This year I really discovered the beauty & loveliness of matcha green tea. Matcha is finely ground powder of specially grown and processed green tea. It is packed with antioxidants, fiber, vitamins and other nutritional value! You can learn more online or visit HERE.
I love my matcha cold or warm. I like it creamy and sweet. But my recent muse with matcha are these delicious , matcha muffins! These are made with protein powder in them so they are great for fitness lovers and people looking to add protein into their diets without meat.
Making protein packed, healthy & clean muffins are my go-to Sunday meal prep dish. These are just so easy to grab-and-go every morning and the best kind of snack you can reach for in the afternoons or when you crave something sweet. I also am the kind of person who loves a pastry with coffee or tea.
What you will need:
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 mashed banana
- 3 Tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ½ cup dairy-free milk (I use almond milk)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ¾ cup vanilla, plant-based, allergen-free, clean, protein powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp matcha (try to find a powder that isn't a matcha LATTE mix, go for teh good, organic stuff!)
- coconut oil spray
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl; mashed banana, egg, vanilla extract, honey or maple syrup, almond milk, lemon juice.)
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients; (flour, protein, baking soda, baking powder, and matcha powder.) If you would like a a stronger green coloring and a deeper flavor, you can add another 1/2 a tbsp of matcha powder.
- Slowly combine the dry bowl into the wet. Mix well.
- Spray a muffin tin with coconut oil spray. Pour batter into the muffin tins. Put into the oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.